to AMTM Studios LLC
This is the business that I started so I could help people and companies get their iPhone/iPad app ideas on the App Store. Whether it's just a rough idea or you already have a design already, I'd be happy to discuss how I can help you. Contact me at email@example.com and we can get started.
Some Apps I've Worked On
I've worked on utility apps, map and location-based apps, client/server apps and even a physics-based game. I've taken ideas from inception through to the app store and I've also handled existing designs and coded them to spec.
WinesToDo was my second app and was released in June 2010. The app is a Wine note taking app to help you remember which wines you like and the ones you didn’t. The design and implementation of this app was much quicker as a result of having gone through the process already. The application’s interface was simplified and I utilized CoreData and the NSFetchedResultsController from the start.
- Database Search
- Facebook, Twitter and more
- Search for your favorite wines with the Wine-Searcher.com API
- Custom URL scheme for sharing "wine cards"
- Multithreading with Grand Central Dispatch
This was my first app and it was completed and released in Apr 2010. The app allows you to import from your contacts and add gifts ideas, interests, clothing sizes, etc... for people throughout the year. A flexible event system allows for individual and shared gift dates. Once items have been purchased they can be archived as a “receipt. Key elements include the use of:
- iPhone contact importing
- Camera/photo library integration
- Passcode protection on startup
- Localization in Portuguese and English.
- Data is stored locally using CoreData.
NowNear is a mobile marketplace that allows anyone to buy and sell anything they want nearby. This app ties into a backend API using the XMPP Protocol. Some key features are:
- Maps and location services to support realtime deal queries
- Countdown timer labels and buttons for deals
- Custom realtime notifications popup view from the TabBar
- Facebook, Twitter, SMS, Email integration
- QR Code scanning and generation with ZXing
- Grand Central Dispatch for multi-threading
- XMPP protocol for server API communications
When you develop iPhone apps it’s only a matter of time until your kids ask you for a game. Well this is that game. Brick Bombers is a mix of classic breakout with the added bonus of getting bombs dropped on you. This was my first physics based game and it took some work to "think different" about how to design the game compared to utility apps.
- Box2d physics engine
- Two builds for Free and Full versions
- Admob for free version
- OpenFeint SDK integration
BeerGardens was my first for-hire app. It's a local database of Beer Gardens in NYC. It has a searchable database of beers offered as well as photos and reviews. I was given the app design and screen flow as well as all supporting graphics by the client. I was able to get this app coded and submitted to Apple in just two weeks. Key features that were implemented include:
- Database Search
- Mapkit Mapping of Locations
- Coding of a Custom Photo library
- Local database with Core Data
Is Your App Next?
Let's find out. Contact me at: firstname.lastname@example.org